CPA, Principal Audit Department
Steven Morrison, CPA, is a principal in the Audit Department at MBAF and works with both public and private companies in various industries including those with international operations.
Steven is active in the planning and execution of audit engagements bringing experience in a variety of industries including automotive dealerships, freight forwarding/mail courier, retail, and wholesale/distribution. Steven also addresses specific issues for companies in a variety of other industries and has experience in effectively communicating simple and complex technical matters to all levels of personnel at clients. His responsibilities also include advising engagement teams on accounting and auditing matters.
He has served as chair of the Florida Institute of CPAs Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee which develops responses to exposure drafts of various authoritative accounting and auditing bodies such as the AICPA, FASB, and PCAOB. He also has served on the AICPA National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium (NAAATS) Steering Committee.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium (NAAATS) Steering Committee, 2014, 2013
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee, 2009-Present; Chair 2012-2014
- Miami Downtown Chapter, Board of Directors; Chair, 2015-2016
- FICPA Educational Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Hong Kong Association of Florida
Publications and Lectures
- Going Concern Presumption: Accounting and Auditing Issues - National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium (NAAATS), 2014 Conference Speaker
- Equity Method Accounting and Auditing Issues - National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium (NAAATS), 2013 Conference Speaker
- Florida Atlantic University - Master of Accounting
- University of Florida - Master of Arts in Real Estate
- University of Florida - Bachelor of Science in Accounting