CPA, Director Audit Department
Steven Morrison, CPA, is a director in the Audit Department at MBAF and works with both public and private companies in various industries including those with international operations.
Steven joined the firm in the early 2000's and is active in the planning and execution of audits. Steven's industry experience includes automotive dealerships, employee benefits plans, freight forwarding/mail courier, mortgage lending, non-profit, retail, telecommunications, and wholesale/distribution as well as specific issues for companies in a variety of other industries. He has experience in effectively communicating simple and complex technical matters to all levels of personnel at clients. Steven's responsibilities also include advising engagement teams on accounting and auditing matters.
For 2012 through 2014, he is serving as chair of the Florida Institute of CPAs Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee which develops responses to exposure drafts of various authoritative accounting and auditing bodies such as the AICPA, FASB, and PCAOB. He also served on the 2013 AICPA National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium (NAAATS) Steering Committee.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium (NAAATS) Steering Commitee, 2013
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee, 2009-Present; Chair 2012-2014
- Miami Downtown Chapter, Board of Directors
Publications and Lectures
- Equity Method Accounting and Auditing Issues - National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium (NAAATS), 2013 Conference Speaker
- Florida Atlantic University - Master of Accounting
- University of Florida - Master of Arts in Real Estate
- University of Florida - Bachelor of Science in Accounting