Miguel G. Farra
CPA, JD, Principal Tax and Accounting Department Department Head, Tax and Accounting
His industry experience includes banking, manufacturers, distribution, automotive dealerships, aviation, electronic commerce, finance, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, and technology. Miguel has been involved in corporate reorganizations, international tax and corporate structures, tax planning for real estate developers, audits of healthcare organizations and income and estate planning for high net worth individuals.
Miguel leads a team of international tax professionals dedicated to forensic accounting on voluntary disclosure cases, pre-immigration planning, inbound and outbound corporate structures to minimize worldwide taxation and international tax compliance.
Miguel has forensic experience on numerous tax controversies and as an expert witness on divorce and commercial litigation cases. He is a qualified expert with the United States Tax Court, Miami-Dade County Circuit Court, and the Broward County Circuit Court.
Miguel has lectured at the University of Miami School of Law on Accounting for Lawyers. He has lectured at various professional associations, including at the 2010 Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, at the 2010 Wells Fargo Conference on establishing operations overseas, at the 2007 FICPA Accounting Conference on International Tax, and in 2004 and 2005 at the CPAmerica Tax Conferences. He has also appeared on Comcast Newsmakers and Univision TV Networks as a special commentator on tax issues.
Miguel has published articles in international tax journals such as “Guia basica del Regimen Fiscal Estadounidense para el Inversionista Venezolano” (“US Tax Guide for Venezuelan Investors”), Revista de Derecho Tributario de Venezuela, and “Lo que Todo Inversor Mexicano Debe Saber Sobre la Limited Liability Company (LLC)” (What every Mexican Investor should know about LLC's) for the Public Accounting Institute of Mexico.
- Excellence in Accounting in International Tax - South Florida Business Journal
- Miami Dade College - Hall of Fame
- Ronald McDonald House - Twelve Good Men
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - Miami Branch Treasurer
- Miami Dade College Foundation - Chairman of the Board
- University of Miami - President's Council
- University of Miami - Accounting Advisory Board
- UM Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Institute - Board of Governors
- United Way of Miami-Dade - Tocqueville Society Co-Chair
- US-Cuba Democracy Political Action Committee (PAC) - Director
- Camillus House, Inc. - Director
- International Wine & Food Society - Treasurer
- Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart - Past Treasurer
- Children's Foundation of Greater Miami - Past Chairman
- Children's Home Society of Florida - Past Treasurer
- Dade Partners for Safe Neighborhoods - Past Treasurer
- Informed Families - Past Trustee and Treasurer
- Liga Contra el Cancer - Past Board of Trustees Member
- Miami Museum of Science - Past Member of the Board
- Palmer School, Inc. - Past Board of Trustees Member
- Ransom Everglades School - Annual Giving Campaign, Past Chairman
- University of Miami - Juris Doctor
- University of Miami - Bachelor of Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude)