Michele P. Ferrara
CPA, Principal Tax and Accounting Department
Michele P. Ferrara, CPA, is a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department at MBAF in the Private Client Wealth Services Group.
She has been in the public accounting profession since 1988 providing services in the areas of income tax planning and compliance for individuals, trusts, estates, partnerships, corporations and private foundations. Michele specializes in estate planning matters, with a primary focus on wealth succession planning, charitable giving strategies, asset protection techniques and family business continuity for individuals with significant high personal net worth.
Michele has extensive experience with fiduciary and partnership formation, accounting and compliance matters. She represents clients at the federal and state levels for income, gift and estate tax examinations. She also develops wealth preservation strategies to shield clients’ from unnecessary income and transfer taxes. She acts as the liaison for all the members of her clients’ estate planning team, including attorneys, insurance advisors, investment professionals, actuaries and appraisers. Through these coordinated efforts, she ensures the proper implementation of the strategies developed into an overall integrated plan.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Boca Raton Estate Planning Council
- City of Boca Raton - Financial Advisory Board, 2011-Present
- Junior League of Boca Raton - Sustaining Member; Past Vice President of Finance, 1995-1996; Past Treasurer, 1993-1994
- Georgia State University - Master of Taxation
- Furman University - Bachelor of Arts in Accounting