Alexander E. Binelo
CPA, Principal Audit Department
Alexander Binelo, CPA, is a principal in the Audit Department at MBAF. He has been in the accounting profession since 2003.
Alex is MBAF's Healthcare Audit practice leader and has many years of experience auditing healthcare organizations under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as under accounting practices prescribed by State Offices of Insurance Regulation. Alex's healthcare audit work experience includes various Health Maintenance Organizations, hospitals, and durable medical equipment companies, amongst others. In addition, Alex has extensive work experience in the audits of various retail, wholesale/distribution and sports and entertainment organizations.
Alex's responsibilities and functions include engagement planning, budgeting, supervision, review and researching technical issues, implementation and review of internal controls for the various aforementioned industries. He assists numerous clients in accomplishing financial and operational objectives with a specialized focus on internal development and assessment of organizations’ controls. Alex is noted for providing insightful and tailored recommendations to his audit clients.
Prior to joining MBAF, Alexander worked for a Big Four firm in the International Executive Service Tax Department.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Coral Gables Economic Development Board - Board Member
- Florida International University - Alumni Board Member
- Family Resource Center of South Florida - Past Board Member
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce - Past Healthcare Committee Member
- Miami Foundation - Miami Fellow Class VII
- United Way of Miami-Dade - Audit Committee Chair
- United Way of Miami-Dade Health Care Council - Past Board Member
- Florida lnternational University - Master of Science in Taxation
- Florida International University - Bachelor of Accounting