Alexander E. Binelo
CPA, Principal Audit Department
Alexander E. Binelo, CPA, is a principal in the Audit Department at MBAF. He has been in the accounting profession since 2003.
Alex is the principal-in-charge and has full oversight of MBAF's Healthcare Audit practice. He has many years of experience auditing healthcare organizations under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as under accounting practices prescribed by State Offices of Insurance Regulation. Alex's healthcare audit work experience includes various Health Maintenance Organizations, hospitals, and durable medical equipment companies, amongst others. In addition, Alex has experience in physician compensation valuation engagements and physician merger and acquisitions. Alex has been a speaker on the Expert Panel at the National AICPA Healthcare Conference.
He assists numerous clients in accomplishing financial and operational objectives with a specialized focus on internal development and assessment of organizations' controls. Alex is noted for providing insightful and tailored recommendations to his audit clients.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Coral Gables Economic Development Board - Board Member
- Florida International University - Alumni Board Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade - Audit Committee Chair
- Family Resource Center of South Florida - Past Board Member
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce - Past Healthcare Committee Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade Health Care Council - Past Board Member
- 40 Under 40 Award - South Florida Business Journal, 2015
- Miami Foundation - Miami Fellow Class VII
- Florida lnternational University - Master of Science in Taxation
- Florida International University - Bachelor of Accounting